AS Degree and Certificates of


All our courses are credit and degree applicable, and selected courses transfer to the CSU and/or UC systems. Many students transfer to nearby San Francisco State University. We encourage students to work with a college counselor and a department program advisor to establish an education plan during the first semester of study. For more information contact the Transfer Center.

Petition Your Certificate

Certificates are not automatically generated when you take classes. In order to be awarded a certificate, you must file a petition for the certificate.

It is best to file DURING the semester in which you are finishing all the courses required for your certificate. Petition deadlines are typically in the first month of the semester. However, you may apply for a certificate at a later time.

The last day to file a petition for AA/AS Transfer Degree is FEB 15th
The last day to file a petition for AA/AS Degree and CERTIFICATE is March 9th

Petitions must be filed on paper. Traditional forms are available online here from the Admissions & Records Office in Conlan Hall Room 107.  If you have fulfilled the requirements, bring this form to the Admissions office. If you seek to waive or substitute a course see below.

All course substitutions must be approved by the Chair of the Photography Department.  Substitutions and waivers are granted on a case–by–case basis and only supporting evidence of unofficial or official transcripts.

More Evaluation & Graduation information