Get help with your speeches early and often!
Location & Hours
- Location: Cloud 208 B
- Opens: Monday, February 4th
- Closes: Thursday, May 9th
Hours below are subject to change.
** Hours Updated 3/4/19
About the Lab
The Communication Lab is located on the Ocean Avenue Campus in Cloud Hall, Room 208 B. The Lab opens the third week of the semester and closes two weeks before the semester ends. You may call the lab at 415-239-3390. The Lab is open in the fall and spring semesters but closed for Summer.
The Communication Lab provides CCSF students with academic support in researching, writing and delivering speeches for an audience. The Lab offers one-on-one tutoring, workshops and study groups. Students may receive assistance with the following:
- selecting the right topic for the right speech
- crafting a clear thesis statement that fits the purpose of the speech
- organizing and developing a speech outline
- writing the most effective introductions and conclusions
- creating and using visual aids
- researching a speech topic
- practicing all aspects of delivery from eye contact to the use of note cards
- When you arrive, use your Student ID # to sign-in on the lab
- Bring assignment sheets and outline instructions provided by your instructor
- Appointments are not taken; all students are encouraged to drop in
- Drop-ins will be seen on a first-come, first-serve
- Tutors do not proofread outlines for grammar; they address issues related to the speech writing process
- You will be given verification of your attendance for your instructor