Career Technical Education (CTE) Certificate Programs
Broadcast Electronic Media Arts certificate programs are recommended for those seeking to acquire entry-level skills, skills builders who wish to upgrade and retool skills, and for job seekers preparing for career transition. Each course sequence is designed to provide students with an opportunity to develop and refine essential workforce skills for entry-level employment in the electronic media industry.
Students who have not already completed a college degree (or almost completed a degree) are strongly encouraged to work with a Counselor and complete general education requirements toward as Associate of Arts Degree.
All our courses are credit and degree applicable, and selected courses TRANSFER to the CSU and/or UC systems. Many students transfer to nearby SAN FRANCISO STATE UNIVERSITY's Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts Department (BECA). We encourage students to work with a college counselor and a department program advisor to establish an education plan during the first semester of study. For more information contact the TRANSFER CENTER.
Career Technical Education Certificates of Accomplishment & Achievement
NEW for 2016-2017: Broadcast Electronic Media Arts is offering "Stackable" certificates. The FOUNDATIONS IN BROADCAST ELECTRONIC MEDIA ARTS cerficate is the basis for our NEW advanced certificates. The Foundations Certificate prepares you for advanced study and allows students the opportunity to explore the field of Broadcasting and Electronic Media.
Advanced certrificates in Sound Recording Arts: Sound Recording, Live Sound and Sound Design. These certificates are currently awaiting approval from the State Chancellor's office. Students can begin work on the Foundations Certificate until they are approved.
Advanced certificates in Video: Television Production, Video
Production and Post, and Broadcast Motion Graphics. These certificates
are currently awaiting approval from the State Chancellor's office.
Students can begin work on the Foundations Certificate until they are
- Students may complete one or more certificates by completing each required course in their chosen program of study with a final grade of C or higher.
- Certificate course requirements must be completed within four years.
- Students may transfer or substitute ONE course into their selected Certificate of Accomplishment from another college or university.
- All other course requirements must be completed at City College of San Francisco.
- Students seeking a Certificate of Achievement (Convergent Media Production) who wish to transfer equivalent courses from another college or university should meet with the Department Chair to review their options.