The City College Art Gallery is located in the Visual Art Building, v119, on the Ocean Campus of City College of San Francisco. The gallery is wheelchair accessible, free to the public, and just a few blocks from the Balboa BART station. Please call 415.239.3156 for further info.
Monday - 10am to 1pm and 4pm to 5pm
Tuesday - 3pm to 6pm
Wednesday - 12:30 to 5pm
Thursday - 3pm to 6pm
Friday - 10am to 1pm
Student Juried 2D Art Exhibition: Survey 2019
Lorna Stevens, Juror
with Artist and Craftman Supply Awards
Exhibition Dates: April 15 to May 8, 2019
Reception & Awards Ceremony: Thursday, April 25, 5:30- 7:30
Thank you for the opportunity to spend time with the art submitted to Survey 2019. I was impressed with the quality of the work and the range of content, process and material choices.
When considering what to include in the show, I looked for well-executed pieces with visual impact and a clear vision. I wanted to put together a show that would engage viewers and show case the creative opportunities at CCSF.
I added the subtitle “Survey 2019” to express my approach to the show, which was to represent the breadth of current approaches to two-dimensional materials and techniques. Fortunately, I was able to review the work in the gallery and evaluate the pieces in relation to each other and the exhibition space.
I want to thank the students who submitted and to congratulate those included in the show and the faculty who guide their creative endeavors.
The City College Art Gallery’s Mission
- Establish City College Art Gallery as an important arts destination for citizens of San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area, stimulating awareness, support, and participation in the arts.
- Provide a free, publicly accessible venue for art.
- Provide meaningful cultural and learning experiences for City College students.
- Introduce art students to juried exhibitions and visiting artist-led workshops.
- Offer hands-on training in all aspects of gallery management, providing them practical job skills in order to gain employment.