AA-T Degree & Courses
Associate Degree for Transfer:
The Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) is designed to prepare students for transfer to the CSU system and earn an Associate Degree using the same requirements. The program makes it easier for CSU-bound students to successfully transfer by having universal lower-division major requirements for all 23 CSU campuses. Students can prepare to transfer to the CSU system using just one set of preparation courses for their major rather than having to meet different requirements for multiple campuses.
In general, the Associate Degrees for Transfer offer a streamlined process for those transferring to the CSU system. There are other benefits as well:
- Guaranteed priority admission with junior status to a CSU campus with a “similar” major;
- GPA bump of .10 or .20 when applying to an impacted campus or major;
- Students can receive priority admissions to their local CSU campus to a major deemed similar to the AA-T major;
- After transfer to CSU, guaranteed degree completion within 60 semester units at the CSU
Art History Classes
|• Western||• Ancient||• Contemporary||• African American|
|• Modern||• Latin American||• American||• Architecture of Latin America|
|•Art History Classes at the Legion of Honor|
|• Chinese Brush |
|• Drawing/Figure Drawing||• Painting|
|• Color||• Monoprinting||• Printmaking/Screen Printing|
|• Design||• Illustration||• Watercolor|
• Metal Arts/Jewelry/Lost Wax Casting
• Mixed Media
So, you want to study art. Your friends say, “Cool!” But, your family says, “What?! How are you going to make a living?!” You can’t really answer that question, because all you know are famous artists like Andy Warhol or Frida Kahlo, artists you have seen in history books. Well, there are lots of Bay Area folks making a living in the arts. You just don’t know them and they aren’t internationally famous.
Many City College fine art students are employed in art-related fields, or have transferred to a BFA or MFA program. Some include:
• Daniel Surgeon, graphic designer
• Tatianna Simonova, printmaking professor
• Mike Kavanagh, art gallery owner
There’s Barry McGee – he ended up being one of those internationally famous artists. Same with Chris Johanson.
So, tell your family if these artists can make a living, so can you.
So what else can you do with an art degree?
Art Studio Technician
Teaching and Art Education
Conservation and Restoration