The Environmental Horticulture program at City College offers a broad curriculum in a community based program. The program maintains strong links with employers (many of whom are CCSF graduates) in both the private and public sectors.
Professional organizations such as the California Landscape
Contractors Association, the California Association of Nurserymen and
the San Francisco Professional Gardeners Association recognize the
Environmental Horticultural program and provide scholarship assistance
for outstanding students.
Environmental Horticulture provides an ongoing job placement service
to its students, as well as referral to superlative internships such
as those at Strybing Arboretum and Filoli Estate.
The program offers excellent facilities, and a staff committed to student success.
Other program highlights include:
- Degree and certificate programs for varied interests and levels of commitment
- Individualized assistance in planning a course of study
- Superb greenhouse and nursery facilities
- A variety of Department and communityfunded scholarships for motivated students
- A diverse student body and positive learning environment
- Work experience classes and strong links to employers in the community
- A number of A.S. degrees, Majors and Certificates are available-check the College catalog for details.
Many scholarship opportunities are available in EH/F and throughout City College. Here are some: