High School Diploma Program
This program provides an opportunity for adults to earn the CCSF High School Diploma. Additionally, the classes that begin after 4:00 p.m. are open to students who are still enrolled in the 11th or 12th grades and wish to earn high school credits to transfer to their regular high school. Adults may earn the CCSF High School Diploma at the John Adams and Mission Centers.
Students may also choose to take the GED® or the HiSet® (High School Equivalency Test) without enrolling in the diploma program.
ENROLLMENT & ADMISSION
- For Mission Center, click HERE
- For ALTC, call (415) 561-1871 to get the ALTC room number. Then, go to 1170 Market St. for an intake interview. You don't need to make an appointment.
The CCSF High School Diploma program requires 160 high school credits:
|Subject Areas||Credits Required|
|Natural Sciences||20 credits|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||30 credits|
High School credit is earned through coursework or by passing CA State approved High School Equivalency Tests: GED®, HiSET®, and TASC™ (up to 50 credits).
NOTE: Effective August 2015, students pursuing a CCSF High School Diploma must enroll in a mandatory orientation course (TRST 0038: Introduction to Academic Success).
- Residency Requirements: at least 20 credits must be earned in the Transitional Studies Department or, with the Department Chair's permission, in other CCSF departments.
- English Requirements: a student must have completed with a grade of "C" or better, at least one of the Transitional Studies core required English classes, or a CCSF degree-applicable class in the English Department.
- Mathematics Requirements: a student must have completed with a grade of "C" or better, at least one of the Transitional Studies core required mathematics classes, or a CCSF degree-applicable class in the Mathematics Department.
SLOs: The CCSF High School Diploma's Program Learning Outcomes are derived from Common Core State Standard and CASAS competencies.
FACULTY ADVISING SERVICES
Faculty Advisors: with a faculty advisor, students in the high school program can request their high school transcripts, create an educational plan, revise their schedules, and plan their next step.
- Julita McNichol at email@example.com
- Kate Gougutas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To view/print the high school courses available in this department, click HERE.