Summer in Beijing
Summer in Beijing
Summer in Beijing
Intensive Chinese Language Program
June 12 - July 12, 2008
COSTS AND CANCELLATIONS
$4275 (based on double occupancy and a minimum of 15 participants)
Program Costs include:
- Round trip airfare between San Francisco/Beijing/San Francisco.
- Transfer to ICEC from and to the airport on group flight.
- Classes and application fee at the ICEC.
- Accomodations at ICEC in BUPT in dorm type rooms based on double occupancy.
- Three meals a day as part of meal stipend (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- Tours, Activities and Excursions, including:City Orientation and Tour; Acrobatic show and dinner; Houhai and Hutong Tour; Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City tour; Great Wall of China tour; Tour of the Summer Palace; Peking Duck Dinner.
- Services of English-speaking guides to accompany group on scheduled tours.
- Pre-departure orientation.
- International Student I.D. card with limited emergency medical and evacuation insurance coverage.
Program Costs do not include:
- CCSF Tuition and Fees: Please contact the CCSF Study Abroad Office at 415/239-3778 for details.
- Passport and visa fees.
- Single room supplement ($375 per person).
- Items of a personal nature, such as phone calls, laundry, postage, and so on.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Local transportation except for program activities.
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Students currently attending City College of San Francisco may be eligible for grant or loan assistance through the Financial Aid Office. For an application, please visit www.ccsf.edu/Services/Financial_Aid/ or call 415/239-3575. Students who have completed at least 12 units at CCSF may apply for scholarships ranging from $50 - $500. For further information and an application, please call the Study Abroad Office at 415/239-3778. Financial Aid is not available through CTS.
HOW TO ENROLL
Applications and brochures should be available in February, 2008. If you'd like to be on our mailing list for this program, please call 415/239-3778 or stop by the Study Abroad Office on the Ocean Campus, Cloud Hall, Room 212, or send an email to email@example.com. Participants will be required to complete an application and paperwork for CCSF, which will be sent to you once you have completed the application for Capital Travel Solutions (CTS).
BOOKING AND FINAL PAYMENT
Deposits and Payments
A deposit of $500 will be required on March 14, 2008 to secure space in the program. Acceptance is on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited. Your deposit will be returned immediately if space is not available. A second payment of $1775 will be due 0n April 11, 2008. A final payment of $2000 will be due on April 28, 2008. Applications will continue to be accepted between March 14, 2008 and April 28, 2008 as long as space is available. Payments arriving at CTS after the final payment deadline may be subject to a late fee.
All cancellation requests must be in writing, and are effective on the date of receipt by CTS. The following cancellation changes will apply:
- March 14 - April 28: $200 penalty
- April 29 - May 9: 30% penalty
- May 10 - May 27: 50% penalty + airfare + any unrecoverable amounts
- May 28 - June 12: No refund
We strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation/interruption insurance/emergency evacuation insurance to protect your travel investment. This coverage will offset cancellation charges in the event of illness prior to or during the trip.
CCSF reserves the right to cancel this tour prior to departure for any reason, including insufficient participants. Should this happen, full refund will be made to the participant.
Final payment must be made by April 28, 2008. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in automatic cancellation of your reservation and the forfeit deposits.
(Program Operated by CTS/KITT Travel, CST # 203640)