Concurrent Enrollment Program
Concurrent Enrollment Requirements
Current F-1 students studying full-time at another institution and
who hold a valid form I-20 issued by their school may attend City
College of San Francisco on a part-time basis under the following
- Student must currently be enrolled in a full-time program at a
college, institution or university which issued the form I-20 at the
time of your enrollment and while enrolled at CCSF. Students
currently studying at a language school
are not eligible for concurrent enrollment.
- A student is currently not on OPT. Students on OPT
are not eligible for credit program classes except for
- Concurrent enrollment students
are limited to eight (8) units per semester.
- CCSF students always have enrollment priority. Not all CCSF
courses are open for Concurrent Enrollment applicants (e.g. classes
in the Nursing Department, Culinary Arts and Hospitality
- Concurrent Enrollment is intended
for educational enrichment and short-term study and allows you to
concentrate on a specific subject area, satisfy prerequisites for
other schools or earn units to transfer to your home institution.
Contact your academic adviser regarding transfer credit to see if
this option will work for you.
- Tuition and
- Tuition fee per semester unit: $234 + $46.00 enrollment fee per unit.
- Capital outlay fee: $7 per unit.
- Student Health Fee (all students): $20.00 (Summer Semester $16.00) (Mandatory)
Student Activities Fee: $5 (Optional) (No Student
Activities Fee for Summer)
- Student Representative Fee: $1.00 (Optional) (No Student Representative Fees for Summer)
- Web4 User Fee: One-time $3.00 fee per semester
Concurrent Enrollment Application Process
(This program allows students currently studying at another school to take classes part time at CCSF while maintaining their full-time status at their current school.)
To apply as a concurrent student, please scan and email the following documents to email@example.com:
- Concurrent Application Form (click here) - Please complete all highlighted parts of the form.
- Copy of your passport
- An official letter signed by the Designated School Official (DSO) at your current institution, authorizing you to take classes at CCSF as a concurrent student. The letter must indicate your full name and the semester for which the authorization is valid.
Please note that concurrent students must re-apply every semester.
Your application will be processed within 2 weeks (10 business days). You will receive an email with your CCSF student ID number and instructions to register for classes.
SPECIAL NOTE: CCSF does not have the required permission for students from other states to take courses at CCSF. If you are at school in another state, you cannot take online courses concurrently at CCSF.
Students applying for concurrent enrollment do NOT pay an application fee.