How to Apply
How to Apply
STEP 1: Apply Online to CCSF
STEP 2: Take HLTH 84 Courses
Enroll and sucessfully complete HLTH 84: Introduction to Interpreting in Health Care (0.5)
STEP 3: Take Recommended Courses
STEP 4: Apply to the Program (see below)
Consideration for acceptance into the HCI program requires that students meet the admission requirements.
1. Proficiency in English and an additional language
2. Passing grade required in introductory course-HLTH 84, Introduction to Healthcare Interpreting (.5 unit)
3. Submission of written application distributed at HLTH 84, along with a letter of recommendation in a signed sealed envelope.
Also recommended to include an unofficial transcript confirming completion of at least 3 units of any of the following classes (listed below)* not required but highly recommended.
4. Priority is given to those who have successfully completed at least 3 units of the following recommended courses: ANAT 14; HIT 51; HLTH 6, 10, 25, 27, 53, 66, 67, 91C, 95, 171; PHYS 12.
HLTH 5410, a noncredit course, may also meet this recommendation.
5. Assignment by program coordinator to a specific LOS group with a proposed semester of admission
Applicants will be reviewed by the HCI Coordinator for admissions
to the program.
Languages are offered during different semesters. Please contact the HCI Coordinator for more information.
Health Care Intrepreter Application
Applications will be accepted from May 7 - May 17.
It must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) during those dates.
Please download all three documents.
Complete, print, and turn in a hard copy to the address provided in the application.
Tentative Cohort Schedules for Admissions
* Tentatively scheduled - contingient on internship availability and at least 5 qualified applicants.
* Mandarin cohort will resume Spring 2020.
* Students should take HLTH 84 regardless of when the language cohort begins to ensure the program has a list of qualified applicants.
Other possible future language cohorts:
For more information, please contact the program coordinator, Darouny Somsanith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.