How to Apply
How to Apply
STEP 1: Apply Online to CCSF
STEP 2: Take HLTH 84 Courses
Enroll and sucessfully complete HLTH 84: Introduction to Interpreting in Health Care (0.5)
STEP 3: Take Recommended Courses
STEP 4: Apply to the Program (see below)
1. Proficiency in English and an additional language
2. Passing grade required in introductory course-HLTH 84, Introduction to Healthcare Interpreting (.5 unit)
3. Submission of written application distributed at HLTH 84, along with a letter of recommendation in a signed sealed envelope.
Also recommended to include an unofficial transcript confirming completion of at least 3 units of any of the following classes (listed below)* not required but highly recommended.
4. Priority is given to those who have successfully completed at least 3 units of the following recommended courses: ANAT 14; HIT 51; HLTH 6, 10, 25, 27, 53, 66, 67, 91C, 95, 171; PHYS 12.
HLTH 5410, a noncredit course, may also meet this recommendation.
5. Assignment by program coordinator to a specific LOS group with a proposed semester of admission
Applicants will be reviewed by the HCI Coordinator for admissions to the program.
Health Care Intrepreter Application - Fall 2017
Applications will be accepted from July 31st - August 7th.
It must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) during those dates.
Please download all three documents.