Pharmacy Technician Program
The Pharmancy Technician Program is a two semester program that prepares students to work as technicians under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. Students may obtain the Certificate of Achievement in Pharmancy Technician by successfully completing the 30 units of instruction consisting of didactic and practical experience in a simulated community pharmancy, homecare or hospital pharmacy.
In the classroom, sudents will learn the role and function of pharmacy technicians. The practical experience is in a simulated retail, homecare, or hospital pharmacy. The students will perform the procedures and techniques that are assigned to pharmancy technicans.
- 18 years of age or older
- Official high school transcript indicating graduated or G.E.D.
- A 2.0 grade point average (GPA) on prior college or high school transcripts is advised
- An individual orientation
A physicial examination, negative TB test, and proof of immuity for specified communicable diseases.
All applicants must attend an orientation. You must bring ONE of the following documents with you:
- Copy of your CCSF Placement Test results or test waiver
- Copy of your CCSF transcript
- Copy of your college transcript or diploma indicating an award of an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree or higher
Prerequistes and Preferred or Completed Courses:
MATH 40 or placement in Math 60 and ENGL 93 or 95 or 88 or placement in ENGL 96 or 88B.
Preferred or completed:
- Successful completion of a course in Introductions to Computers
- Documentation that student types 35 words per minute
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Anatomy 14 or equivalent knowledge of human anatomy