Prerequisite Challenge and Placement Testing
In the Foreign Languages Dept, there are NO PREREQUISITES for the following types of courses:
- Entry level courses in any language that assume no previous background or study, such as 1, 1A, or 10A.
- Conversation courses in any language; 10A, B, C, D,E ; 12A,B,C ; 11A,11B ; 14A, 14B, 14C ; 15A, 15B, 16A, 16B
All other courses are subject to a "prerequisite challenge." See below to choose one of two easy options.
NOTE: Many courses do have advisories (recommended preparation). Please check the college catalogue for information.
ALSO NOTE: If you are only taking a language class, you may opt out of requirements followed by regular students (English and Math placement testing; meeting with a counselor). Fill out the SSSP Exemption form on the right side of this page.
The Foreign Languages Department Prerequisite Challenge Coordinator is Isabelle Motamedi. You may email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sprng Semester 2018: Arts 304
- Mondays: 9:30 to 10:30 and 12:30 to 4:30
- Tuesdays: 9:00 to 10:00 and 12:30 to 2:30
- Wednesdays: 9:30 to 10:30
- Thursdays: 9:00 to 10:00 and 12:30 to 2:00
How to Challenge a Prerequisite
A Prerequisite Challenge form must be emailed to the Coordinator, Isabelle Motamedi, by Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. or you will dropped from the course.
How do I challenge the prerequisite? Choose one of two easy options:
1. Transcript. Email a copy of transcripts (unofficial is ok) reflecting your foreign language experience, along with a copy of the catalog description of the course/s (available online), together with the completed Prerequisite Challenge Form, to email@example.com OR
Please choose from the Language Placement links below to complete the process.