Enroll in a World Languages Class
1. Apply to the College
If you're new to CCSF or you've not taken a course at CCSF in
over two semesters, you'll need to apply to the college. When
you apply, you'll receive a CCSF ID number and a registration
appointment. You may apply in person or online.
- If you only want to take a language class and you are NOT interested in getting an AA degree or transfering to a 4-yr college, you may opt out of the English and Math Placement tests and meeting with a counselor by checking the appropriate boxes on the CCC application.
This handout goes through the Application and Registration process, step by step.
NEED HELP WITH THE APPLICATION?
- California Community Colleges Help Desk
- Toll Free: 1-877-247-4836
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCCHelp.info is a 24/7, on-demand, community-powered, support site that provides official FAQs and online support to students as they apply to college and navigate the California Community College system.
2. Register for a World Languages Class
- Now it's time to register for your class. If you are
registering for an entry level class (1, 1A) OR a conversation class
(courses that are numbered 10, 11, 12, 14, 15) there are no
prerequisites. Just go ahead and register.
- If you're registering for a class numbered 1B or above (and it's not a conversation class, i.e. the 10 series), and if you acquired your language skills outside of a CCSF classroom, please follow the instructions on the Placement and Prerequisites page to challenge the prerequisite.