Mabuhay! Welcome to Philippine Studies!
Established in 1970, the Philippine Studies Department at CCSF is the only academic department in the United States specifically dedicated to the study of the Philippines. We are proud of that legacy and look forward to the continued growth of the department in collaboration with students, faculty, administration, and community.
Also learn to …
- Appreciate the contributions of Filipino Americans and their culture
- Understand American history through the eyes of Filipino Americans
- Appreciate cultural diversity
- Satisfy transfer and graduation requirements in many areas
In all our work, we ...
- Aim to provide awareness and education on Philippine and Filipino-American history, culture and society.
- Offer courses that make students aware of the Filipino ethnic identity through varied cultural experiences.
- Help students understand other cultures and promotes appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Strive to help students fulfill transfer and graduation requirements.
- Promote intercultural studies between students in the Philippines and Filipino Americans through student internship and scholarship grants.
- Satisfy transfer and graduation requirements at CSU, UC, and other educational institutions.
* Mabuhay means Welcome in Pilipino