Interdisciplinary Studies is like a greenhouse, where you might find tomatoes growing right next to sunflowers, or even a hybrid of the two. We support experimentation and collaboration in all our courses and programs. A number of our courses are team-taught, to bring different types of expertise into the classroom. Our certificates embrace the arts, science, history, political analysis and social activism. By bringing together a variety of disciplines, we offer an unusually holistic approach to understanding a people, a region or a phenomenon. Interdisciplinary Studies seeks to animate conversations on campus and in the community, for example, through the Diversity Collaborative and through frequent public events (see listings below or on our blog or Facebook page). We invite students, faculty, staff, administrators and community to join us!
- Promote and develop innovative interdisciplinary
approaches to the curriculum.
- Provide quality courses and programs that meet the needs of City College’s diverse population of learners, including the study of ethnicity, race, gender, sexuality, social class, ability/disability, age and religion.
- Integrate the expertise of various departments of City College of San Francisco to maximize and expand the appeal and relevance of Interdisciplinary Studies (IDST) course offerings.
- Provide courses for students to transfer to other colleges or universities, to meet graduation requirements, and to serve general education goals.
- Provide an open door for faculty and departments to identify and satisfy new educational needs of students and their potential employers.
News & Events Blog
Please visit our Blog for current announcements and updates. You'll also find a gallery of our posters for past events on the Blog.
You can also join our Facebook Group:
Interdisciplinary Studies Department, CCSF
- Sign Up Now for Spring 2016 classes!
Interdisciplinary Studies offers a wide range of classes - days, evenings, weekends and online. Many classes transfer to CSU and UC and count toward graduation requirements for an AA or AS degree.
Click on this flyer for a full listing - or see the CCSF Spring schedule.
AS Bookloan Program
Need free textbooks? Come check out our AS Bookloan Program!
Each certificate program has a page with more information about it - you can use the navigation buttons on the left-hand side of this page to explore.
These certificates in other departments were developed in conjunction with Interdisciplinary Studies.