Transfer Pathway: Metro Transfer Academies
An Educational Home for City College Students Intending to Transfer
Metro Transfer Academies supports students to finish their associate’s degrees, transfer to university and become leaders in their communities. Metro’s outreach is geared towards high schools, community based organizations, and classes that serve large numbers of students who are first-generation, low-income and/or historically underrepresented. You will be placed in an academy of students who take two or more classes together each semester, over four semesters. Metro students have access to academic counseling each semester, extra tutoring, and support in developing strong academic skills. You’ll learn to write and speak with confidence, master mathematical concepts, and think critically about real-world issues. Metro students learn how to give back to their community and make a difference in the world.
"Metro helped bring my writing skills up, stressing that my writing had to be at a certain level. They were very supportive and helpful. I always felt that I could do it. They made me feel comfortable that I could be a success at SF State."
-- Quote from a Health Education major at SF State, who transferred from Metro Transfer Academy in 2010 and graduated in 2012
Benefits of the Metro program:
- A personalized community of students with similar interests work together during the first two years of college, getting the classes you need to progress quickly
- A clear, direct path to graduation—all Metro classes satisfy graduation requirements in general education for all 289 majors in the Cal State University system and (coming soon) for the UC system
- Passionate instructors teach interesting classes that are relevant to real life
- One-on-one support from a dedicated academic counselor
- Strong academic preparation using engaging learning strategies
- Learn about ways to give back to your community & make a difference in the world.
At a Glance:
We are currently accepting applications. See How to Apply for more information.
Please Note: To join a Metro Transfer Academy at City College, you must also be admitted to CCSF through a separate application. Click here for more information on how to apply to CCSF.