About Metro Transfer Academies
Why join Metro?
Supporting you for graduation and university transfer is what Metro is all about. Adjusting to college can be challenging. Learning in a small, supportive community of students and faculty can help you thrive throughout your first few years. Metro’s goal is to help you transfer in a timely manner and gain the skills you need to succeed in college and find a meaningful career.
Why do we need a program like Metro?
The gap in college completion between low-income and high-income students has doubled in the last 35 years. California is now the 50th out of the 50 states in its graduation rate for Latino/a and African American students--yet our state’s K-12 schools are already a majority Latino/a and today 73% of our state’s youth are from communities of color. California can and must do better!
Metro is for you if:
- You are a student who likes the idea of studying in a supportive community with friends, faculty and counselors who know you well;
- You are interested in transferring to a four-year university.
- You like the idea of studying in a supportive community with friends and faculty that know you well.
- You are someone who wants a meaningful career that makes a difference in the world. You want to give back to your community and help create a more just and healthy society;
- You are focused, dedicated and have the time to take four classes (15 units) per semester or more;
- You are concerned you may not have the academic preparation you need for college.
Metro Office Locations:
OCEAN CAMPUS DROP IN HOURS
Metro Resource Room (MU 338):
Monday - Thursday 9:30am-4:30pm
CCSF Mission Center Office
1125 Valencia (between 22nd and 23rd Streets), Room 124
San Francisco CA 94110
Mission Center Phone: 415-452-5268
MISSION CAMPUS DROP IN HOURS:
(Fall and Spring Semesters ONLY)