An Educational Home for City College Students Intending to Transfer
Metro Transfer Academies (Metro) prepares students for transfer,
community engagement and meaningful careers. Metro students take
general education classes together over four semesters, building close
relationships among peers and faculty. The Metro program includes
academic counseling, a student resource room, tutoring and an emphasis
on social justice and developing strong academic skills.
Metro’s outreach is geared towards high schools, community based organizations, and classes that serve students who are first-generation, low-income and/or historically underrepresented.
Metro Transfer Academies is partnering with The Foundation Promise Program to provide 30 students entering CCSF from high school with a $10,000 scholarship! Apply for admission to Metro Transfer Academies by May 3, 2019 and your application will automatically be considered for a Foundation Promise scholarship if you meet the minimum requirements. For more information, please visit: www.ccsf.edu/FoundationPromise
“CCSF and being a part of Metro has really prepared me for being at a university.”
- Metro student, transferred to Temple University Fall 2017
Benefits of the Metro program:
- A community of students and faculty
- Supportive counseling and tutoring
- A pathway of classes that help you get your associate degree and then transfer to a CSU or UC
- Classes that connect to real life
- College and career skills to help you achieve your goals
- Resource room with a printer
We are currently accepting applications. See How to Apply for more information.