City College of San Francisco provides the diverse communities of the City with innovative educational programs. We offer our Honors Program to better serve high potential, high achieving students in San Francisco.
CCSF draws many students planning to continue at various universities: CCSF has a high transfer rate to institutions such as the UC-Berkeley, UC-Davis, UC-Santa Cruz, San Francisco State University, and UCLA. Some of the campuses have special transfer tracks for students who have completed community college Honors programs.
Benefits of joining the Honors Program at CCSF include:
- Transfer Priority
- Honors Degree Designation
- Honors Courses and Events
While any CCSF student may take an honors course, to participate
fully in the Honors Program and have your work recognized on your
diploma, you need to meet certain criteria.
Program Learning Outcomes
After completing the Honors Program the students will be able to:
- Distinguish between the University of California, Los Angeles Transfer Alliance Program and the University of California, Berkeley’s Transfer Alliance Project.
- Distinguish between the University of California, Los Angeles Transfer Alliance Program and Transfer Agreement Guarantee programs offered by various schools in the University of California System.
- Distinguish between the University of California, Berkeley’s Transfer Alliance Project and Transfer Agreement Guarantee programs offered by various schools in the University of California System.
- Distinguish between a CCSF course which is offering honors credit via an Honors Option Contract versus a course which is offering honors credit via an Honors Section.
- Navigate the University of California, Los Angeles website to see what the average GPA is for students transferring from a California Community College to UCLA with special emphasis on the fact that some chosen majors are more selective than others.
- Correctly fill out an Honors Option Contract by the deadline with an emphasis on the required signatures.
- For those students interested in attending UCLA, correctly fill out a University of California, Los Angeles Transfer Alliance Program Certification Form with an emphasis on choosing a valid Alternate Major should one choose to do so.
- Distinguish between General Education Requirements for Transfer (including the IGETC system) and Major Preparation Courses featured on Assist.org.
- Understand the requirements for applying to speak at the Bay Honors Consortium’s Annual Community College Honors Student Research Symposium held at Stanford University and University of California, Berkley on alternating years.
- Exhibit the SLOs featured in the Course Outlines of Records for honors courses when relevant to their course of study as well as the Honors Addenda and extension of those items specified on Honors Option Contract Forms