Earn and Learn
Earn and Learn
Check out this video for more info about Work Experience and how to enroll!
Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) is an instructional program in which CCSF students earn college credit for what they learn while working at paid jobs, internships or volunteer positions.
There are two types of CWEE: General Work Experience and Occupational Work Experience.
The General Work Experience program provides on-the-job opportunities for students to learn the skills required for successful employment. Students may also earn college credit for current work experience. The work experience need not be related to the students' educational goals.
Occupational Work Experience provides students the opportunity to earn course and certificate credit for working in the field, in a supervised setting in an industry related to the students’ major or Career and Technical Education program or associated with the students’ educational or occupational goals. Occupational Work Experience offers students the opportunity to apply their skills while still in college, gain on-the-job experience, and "try out" a career before graduation.
Occupational Work Experience courses (which are sometimes called Internship courses) can be found in the course listings of the various CCSF Career and Technical Education programs: http://www.ccsf.edu/en/educational-programs/cte.html
Please refer to the course catalog for course descriptions and
prerequisites for enrollment in Occupational Work Experience or
If you're looking for a JOB to qualify for Work Experience, visit College Central Network for current job postings!
CCSF uses College Central Network as its official job resource and resume system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers at http://www.collegecentral.com/ccsf.
- Students, quickly apply to jobs and Internship/Co-op opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central® and Intern Central®, national job boards.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos, and more.
- Review Career Fair information and company recruitment visits.
- Employers search for talented students and alumni,
and post unlimited jobs for free.
General Work Experience (WKEX) courses have been consolidated into two courses:
WKEX 333 - General Work Experience
Variable units: 1 to 6 units · Not repeatable (may be taken only once)
General work experience course designed for students who may not yet
have selected a specific occupational goal but who are presently
employed off campus. Through supervised employment, students
can increase their workplace success by undertaking new or expanded
responsibilities at their jobs to acquire improved work habits and
· Students must work a minimum of 75 paid hours or 60 unpaid hours per unit of credit.
WKEX 777 - On-Campus Work Experience
Variable units: 1 to 6 units · Repeatable (may be repeated for a total of 6 units)
Work experience course with supervised employment that involves
classroom-based occupational learning at an on-campus learning
station related to the student's educational or occupational goal. The
focus of the course varies according to the CCSF department in which
the student works.
· Students must work a minimum of 60 unpaid hours per unit of credit.
NEW SP18 Section for WKEX 333
Short-term WKEX 333 Class (CRN 38387), runs March 5 - May 18,
Orientations will be held at Ocean Campus, Cloud 115 on:
· Monday, 3/5/18, 1-2:30 p.m.
· Monday, 3/5/18, 4-5:30 p.m.
· Wednesday, 3/7/18, 9-10:30 a.m.
Students MUST attend ONE mandatory orientation:
1. If enrolled in a WKEX class for Spring 2018 OR
2. If you would like to obtain an add code to join a WKEX class.
For more information regarding orientations:
Deborah Kitchin, EdD - Business Department
Office: Cloud 116
For a complete class listing of all Work Experience Courses and
orientation meeting schedules: click HERE
Associate Dean, Cooperative Work Experience Education
Office: MUB 130B
Office: MUB 130B
Like us on Facebook!