The Office of Contract Education follows the CCSF assessment process as documented on the Outcomes Assessment Reporting website. Additional unit-specific processes described below.
Contract Education delivers customized workforce development solutions and services to local employers and organizations. Programs can be a 1-day to multiple years long.
- Need analysis – Starting with our client’s business goals, we will first determine what employee performance is needed to achieve these goals. Along with that, barriers and performance gaps are identified.
- Skills assessment – Work closely with in-house faculty or subject matter experts to develop customized solutions for performance improvement. Instructor will meet with students to assess their current skills level.
- Training solution – Provide customized training; review and reanalyze the needs and assess the skills to best customize the training during the course of program.
- Evaluation review – Evaluation is given to participants. We also gather feedback from faculty and employer/training director. Gathered information is reviewed by Associate Dean of Contract and Continuing Education, employers and faculty to evaluate the effectiveness of the training program.
The above list is a cycle: each class is in continual closed-loop full-circle assessment. Often, especially for semester- and year-long courses, we conduct the above evaluation process multiple times during the length of the course.
Annually, we review our projects from the previous year. This review helps us to evaluate how effectively we are helping our faculty and employers to achieve the desired outcomes and whether there are any needs for larger programmatic improvements.
We document all of the above in annual assessment reports and program reviews (see data links to the right).
Contract Education Service Outcomes
Employers who use our services will be able to:
- Gain skills and knowledge needed for performing jobs (updated and current).
- Improve employee productivity.
- Improve employee satisfaction.
CCSF Faculty who we work with will be able to:
- Gather information on the latest trends and needs of the
- Understand better how to meet the needs of students entering the workforce.