Our mission is to provide a supportive environment that promotes active learning and encourages collaboration among members of our diverse community.
Toward this goal, we assist our students in achieving their academic, vocational, and personal goals through our academic-support services that include: student-centered peer tutoring, college and career success courses, workshops and peer-collaborative small groups; an open-access computer lab; and a grant-funded writing project.
Upon completion of courses in the Learning Assistance Discipline, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for learning.
- Apply study strategies to academic courses.
- Examine and demonstrate critical analysis techniques.
- Assess personal growth and values and apply them to lifelong learning.
- Apply computer and technology skills to facilitate academic achievement.
- Recognize and appreciate diversity in themselves and others.
Credit, Degree Applicable Courses