Announcement of Curricula
Upon completion of courses in History, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of historical developments and trends, including the impact of class, gender, ethnicity, culture and politics related to the courses taken.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze, evaluate and synthesize historical evidence and interpretations and to use methods of inquiry and expression appropriate to the course.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret primary and secondary sources and to compose a written argument of interpretation which uses them, as appropriate, for support.
- Explain the major social, cultural, political and economic developments in United States history, their causes and effects, and their historical significance.
- Analyze changes in the political, social, cultural and economic organization in the western world and explain their historical significance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major social, cultural, political and economic developments in non-western countries and their historical impact on the western world and global development.
- Exhibit an understanding of the art, literature, and major cultural traditions of people through the ages, as appropriate.
Announcement of Courses
Credit, Degree Applicable Courses