Within the Continuing Student Counseling Department, we strive to
assist students to develop skills to succeed in college, graduate,
earn certificates, transfer, and to create and to maintain meaningful
careers. Additionally, we endeavor to assist students to reflect on
and articulately express their thoughts, values, skills, and
interests, and to contribute to society in meaningful ways. To this
end, our program of counseling services and courses will guide
• Apply self-assessment information to academic and career exploration.
• Construct and take proactive steps to manage and overcome academic and personal obstacles.
• Compare and contrast college majors and transfer institutions thoroughly before making a decision.
• Identify and analyze their rights and responsibilities.
• Investigate ways to contribute to society.
• Apply research skills while taking action to create academic, career, and life options.
• Recognize and value diversity within themselves and among others.
Credit, Degree Applicable Courses