Upon completion of courses in American Studies, students will be able to:
- Evaluate the basic perspectives of social science disciplines, particularly the concepts of power, through their application to American cultural artifacts and socio-political texts.
- Integrate basic social sciences approaches and methodologies and their application to course topics.
- Distinguish the functions of different forms of artistic and literary expression in American social, cultural and political forces, issues and ideas.
- Demonstrate an ability to discuss major historic, literary, artistic, and social movements in the United States.
- Evaluate information in primary sources.
Credit, Degree Applicable Courses