ILO #1 Assessment
Goals for ILO #1 assessment:
- Gather mapping data for ILO #1 and consider refinements/gaps/next steps.
- Review outcomes and refine as necessary to ensure continued value and appropriateness.
- Develop/refine rubric to simplify collation of data among
multiple instructors and provide examples of assessment methods,
criteria, and rubric translations for a variety of programs.
- Develop instructions and examples to go to all coordinators of ILO #1-assessed programs explaining how to use rubric at end of semester and reminding them that they will enter their information into end-of-semester reporting forms.
- Review end-of-semester reports after assessment is completed and summarize, analyze, and report on results
- Facilitate college-wide discussion of the results and suggested next steps
- Complete a final evaluation report on the results and the process
- Continue to engage college community in discussion and next steps
- Evaluate the process
- Completed: Sharing of analyzed results to college community
- Completed: Critical Thinking and Information Competency ILO Assessment Report
- COMLETED: Analysis and discuss of assessment data as part of the SLO Committee efforts
COMPLETED: Gathering and review of assessment data (from Jan.
2 reports and another call in Jan/Feb for collection in early
- COMPLETED: Assessment of ILO #1 in programs (reported by Jan. 2, 2014).
- COMPLETED: Revision of ILO preamble to: Students who successfully complete their educational programs at CCSF will achieve all or an appropriate set of the following Institutional Learning Outcomes:
- COMPLETED: For training/communication purposes, gather a few examples (1 page) from various programs across college of PSLO mapping, assessment strategies, and criteria.
- COMPLETED: Email all ILO #1 -- assessment-in-progress -- program coordinators on process and how to coordinate effectively so they are a part this semester.
- COMPLETED: Mapping report
- COMPLETED: Aug. 31 reports (mapping gathering).
COMPLETED: Developed rubrics and procedures for Fall 2013
assessment and embedded into August
31st Program SLO Reporting forms. (Worked with GE
Area C Workgroup to ensure similar rubrics.)
- COMPLETED: ILO #1 mapping examples (provided by committee members as resource for all programs that need to complete mapping)
- COMPLETED: Began collecting ILO #1 mappings at program level for Aug. 31 forms.
03/01/2013: Official version ready for assessment
- 02/28/2013: Reviewed by Board of Trustees
- 02/21/2013: Reviewed by Participatory Governance Council
- 02/06/2013: Version approved by Academic Senate
02/06/2013: Proposed revision with edits to Academic
01/23/2013: Proposed revision with edits to Academic Senate
(addition of Information Competency to header)
- 12/11/2012: Proposed revision to Academic Senate
- 11/19/2012: New draft version from Academic Senate
- October: College-wide review/input by faculty/staff/students
- 10/11/2012: Draft version available