GE Area C Workgroup
Goals for Area C GEO assessment:
- Review existing mapping data for Area C and consider refinements/gaps/next steps.
- Review outcomes and refine as necessary to ensure continued value and appropriateness.
- Choose SLO to be assessed this round.
rubric to simplify collation of data among multiple
- Develop instructions and examples to go to all instructors of Area C-assessed courses explaining how to use rubric at end of semester and reminding them that they will enter their information into the Spring 2013 SLO reporting forms.
- Review Spring 2013 SLO reporting forms after assessment is completed and summarize, analyze, and report on results
- Facilitate college-wide discussion of the results and suggested next steps
- Complete a final evaluation report on the results and the process
GEO was assessed during Spring 2013: "apply models to explain the behavior of commonly occurring phenomena."
Past Fall 2013 meetings:
- November 19, 5, October 22, 8, September 24, 9, 3, August 20 -- Meeting Notes
- Bimonthly -- Tuesdays, 1-2 pm -- S304
Past Spring 2013 Meetings
- May 8, April 24, March 20, February 27 -- Meeting Notes
Chair: Chantilly Apollon, Biology
- Katryn Wiese, Earth Sciences
- Brian Wong, Chemistry
- Lisa DiGirolamo, Ecology
- Hitesh Soneji, Engineering