GE Area A Workgroup
Goals for Area assessment:
- Review existing mapping data for Area and consider refinements/gaps/next steps.
- Review outcomes and refine as necessary to ensure continued value and appropriateness.
- Develop/refine rubric to simplify collation of data among multiple instructors.
- Develop instructions and examples to go to all instructors of Area-assessed courses explaining how to use rubric at end of semester and reminding them that they will enter their information into reporting forms.
- Review reporting form data after assessment is completed and summarize, analyze, and report on results
- Facilitate college-wide discussion of the results and suggested next steps
- Complete a final evaluation report on the results and the process
GEO being assessed during Spring 2014:
Area A: communication and Analytical thinking requirement
Upon completion of this coursework, a student will be able to:
- Use the principles and application of language toward logical thought
- Demonstrate clear and precise expression
- Critically evaluate communications in whatever symbol system the student uses
- Meeting time: 12:10pm - 1:00pm
- Meetion: Art 216
- Meeting Dates: Fridays: 9/5, 10/3, 11/7, and 12/5
- View Past meetings Notes
Chair: Chair, Nathan Steele, Speech Communication
- John Versoky, Math
- Lily Lum, Math
- Frederick Teti, Math
- Charlie Metzler, Computer Science
- Kristina Whalen, Speech Communication
- Ophelia Clark, Business
- Matt Parkhurst, Foreign Language
- Michelle Simotas, English
- Rhonella Owens, Counseling
- Chris Greger, English
- Bob David, Music
- Carol Reitan, Foreign Languages