Assessment Planning Team
The college-wide SLO Assessment Team is a workgroup that began under
the Accreditation Team, but is now a working group under the Planning
Participatory Governance committee.
Goal: Assist the SLO Coordinator in developing plans, processes, reports, and dialogue across the college for outcomes assessment (across all units).
Chairs: SLO Coordinator and Dean of Institutional
Most Recent Meetings
Fall 2015 Meeting
November 9th, 1:00-2:30, L108
Attendees: Wendy Miller, Andrea Niosi, Chien (Ken) Lin, Laura Lara-Brady, Pamela Mery, Sheri Miraglia, Mandy Liang, Katryn Wiese, and Kristina Whalen
1. Institutional Assessment Plan – The November 2015 update contains substsantial revisions to reflect new CurricUNET modules and additional SLO coordinator roles. In addition, a key graphic (on page 15) updates an old graphic circa 2012 to more fully reflect how SLO-related recommendations gain traction through Participatory Governance. Additional topics discussed included the definition of program and refinement of AUOs and SSOs. Input from APT members was received. Following additional edits, the revised plan will be shared for further input from the Academic Senate and Planning Committee. It will be presented to PGC as informational.
2. Institution-Set Standards – Additions are underway for
noncredit with anticipated input from Senate's Noncredit Issues
Committee. The state has created a new CTE group which will expand
reporting in that area: "Skills Builder."
3. Institutional Effectiveness Performance Indicators – We
anticipate that the state will require setting goals for additional
IEPIs in spring 2016. CCCCO has not yet announced specifics.
Spring 2015 Meeting
April 29th, 9-10 a.m. in L108
Attendees: Wendy Miller, Andrea Niosi, Ray Gamba, Laura Lara-Brady, Rick Fillman, Pamela Mery, Katryn Wiese, and Kristina Whalen
1. Use of Institution-Set Standards and Performance Indicatorsl. How do we ensure these are connected to College goals and Board priorities? Institution-set standards and performance indicators are part of annual mission review and thereby inform College goals and Board priorities. APT will take an active role in reviewing and framing materials prior to the next annual process. Last year's materials are online at www.ccsf.edu/indices
2. IEPI for credit course completion defined as annual percentage of credit course enrollments where student earned a grade of C or better. See recommendations* below based upon a discussion of what seems realistic in the short-term (holding steady) and long-term (+4000 additional successful completions due to summer bridge, BSI, Equity, etc). Need to pay attention to how changes in prerequisites might impact overall completion numbers.
|Long-term (6 Years) Goal||Goal for 2015-2016||2013- 2014||2012- 2013||2011- 2012||2010- 2011||2009- 2010|
|73.0 *||71.5 *||71.3||70.0||70.5||70.1||71.6|
* indicates recommendation from APT
3. Update on development of additional institution-set standards to more fully reflect CCSF's entire mission.
- Noncredit metrics to be discussed at Noncredit Issues Committee on 5/6.
- Certificates of Accomplishment and Job Placement Rates to be discussed at next APT.