Institutional Student Learning Outcomes (ILOs) are the outcomes students achieve an appropriate portion of after successful completion of any CCSF certificate or major.
Example: After successfully completing this Noncredit Business Certificate, students will be able to locate, evaluate, synthesize, and appropriately use multiple forms of information.
ILOs are created by members of the Academic Senate SLO Committee and Participatory Governance Assessment Planning Team in consultation with the entire CCSF Community. They are approved by the Academic Senate Executive Council and reviewed by the Participatory Governance Council and Board of Trustees. They appear in the college catalog.
Once every four years, these ILOs are reviewed by faculty and staff across the college as part of a regular assessment timeline and modified as needed, pending approval from entities described above.
To see past ILO-level assessment reports, view our ILO
Assessment web page.
Students who successfully complete their educational programs at CCSF will achieve all or an appropriate set of the following Institutional Learning Outcomes:
1. Critical Thinking and Information Competency
- Apply quantitative concepts to address complex problems
- Apply critical and creative reasoning, including diverse perspectives, to address complex problems
- Locate, evaluate, synthesize, and appropriately use multiple forms of information
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate respectful interpersonal and intercultural communication
- Recognize and interpret creative expression
3. Cultural, Social, and Environmental Awareness
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and values of diverse cultures.
- Evaluate the impact of civic, social, and/or environmental choices.
- Collaborate effectively in diverse social and cultural settings.
4. Personal and Career Development
- Assess one’s own achievements and cultivate resources for educational and /or career growth
- Maintain and improve one’s health and safety and/or that of others
- Use technology in pursuit of intellectual growth and/or career development.
For information on the formation and revisions made to these ILOs, look to our ILO assessment web page.
Institutional Achievement Outcomes
In addition, the college has institutional student achievement
outcomes, which we combine with institutional student learning
outcomes to create a college-wide list of outcomes for improving