Institutional Student Learning Outcomes (ILOs) are the outcomes students achieve an appropriate portion of after successful completion of any CCSF certificate or major.
Example: After successfully completing this Noncredit Business Certificate, students will be able to locate, evaluate, synthesize, and appropriately use multiple forms of information.
ILOs are created by members of the Academic Senate SLO Committee and Participatory Governance Assessment Planning Team in consultation with the entire CCSF Community. They are approved by the Academic Senate Executive Council and reviewed by the Participatory Governance Council and Board of Trustees. They appear in the college catalog.
Once every four years, these ILOs are reviewed by faculty and staff across the college as part of a regular assessment timeline and modified as needed, pending approval from entities described above.
To see past ILO-level assessment reports, view our ILO
Assessment web page.
Students who successfully complete their educational programs at CCSF will achieve all or an appropriate set of the following Institutional Learning Outcomes:
I. Critical Thinking and Information Competency
- Apply critical and creative reasoning, including diverse perspectives, to address complex problems.
- Locate, evaluate, synthesize, and appropriately use multiple forms of information.
ILO#1 was reviewed, Fall 2014 and revised Spring 2014.
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate respectful interpersonal and intercultural communication
- Recognize and interpret creative expression
ILO#2 was reviewed, Fall 2014. No revisions were made.
III. Cultural, Social, and Environmental Awareness
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and values of other people and cultures
- Demonstrate an understanding of civic, social, and environmental responsibility
- Demonstrate civic, social, and environmental responsibility
- Collaborate effectively in diverse social, cultural, and global settings
ILO#3 was reviewed, Fall 2015. Revsions are pending.
IV. Personal and Career Development
- Identify and develop helpful resources and opportunities
- Demonstrate self-reflection and confidence
- Maintain or improve health
- Value lifelong learning
Institutional Achievement Outcomes
In addition, the college is working to combine institutional
student achievement outcomes with institutional student learning
outcomes to create a college-wide list of outcomes for improving