Students who successfully complete their educational programs at CCSF will achieve all or an appropriate set of the following Institutional Learning Outcomes:
I. Critical Thinking and Information Competency
- Apply critical and creative reasoning, including diverse perspectives, to address complex problems.
- Locate, evaluate, synthesize, and appropriately use multiple forms of information.
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate respectful interpersonal and intercultural communication
- Recognize and interpret creative expression
III. Cultural, Social, and Environmental Awareness
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and values of other people and cultures
- Demonstrate an understanding of civic, social, and environmental responsibility
- Demonstrate civic, social, and environmental responsibility
- Collaborate effectively in diverse social, cultural, and global settings
IV. Personal and Career Development
- Identify and develop helpful resources and opportunities
- Demonstrate self-reflection and confidence
- Maintain or improve health
- Value lifelong learning
Institutional Achievement Outcomes
In addition, the college is working to combine institutional student achievement outcomes with institutional student learning outcomes to create a college-wide list of outcomes for improving institutional effectiveness.