To see unit outcomes, go to unit's assessment web page (links to right).
To see data on past outcomes assessments, view Data Archives.
“Within institutional effectiveness, departments (academic and nonacademic) are free to stretch themselves to the limit and to attempt innovative approaches to provide services without fear of failure. Within institutional effectiveness, departments are not held accountable for failure or success, only for having in place a process for stating outcomes, measuring accomplishments, and using the results to improve programming.” -- James Nichols, 2008 (reference)
Departmental assessment web pages are department-managed locations for providing additional information about the Department's outcomes assessment process beyond the required reports. Benefits:
- Publicly shares Service Outcomes
- Facilitates departmental dialog
Facilitates interdepartmental dialog
- Facilitates sharing of best practices
- Facilitates tracking of progress and planning for the future
Easily links to college-reporting forms for submissions and data
- Showcases, publicly, our efforts
How can we get help with our web pages?
- Team up with another department chair for training and
- Spread the workload across the faculty of our departments
- Cultivate a web-editing resource that is shared across a few departments
- Request assistance from an SLO Coordinator.
- To receive assistance with editing City
College web pages, please refer to these resources To
receive assistance with editing City College web pages, please refer
to these resources for
the CCSF Web-Editor (called the CMS):
- Documents describing how to use the CMS
- Accessing the CMS