Learning Outcomes and Assessment
City College strives to create a culture where outcomes assessment continually improves the quality of student learning and institutional effectiveness. Members of each department and program engage each other in the development and assessment of outcomes. Dialogue within and amongst departments and programs moves the college forward to meet the evolving needs of our students through instruction, curricula, programs, and services.
All units at CCSF (including committees) have outcomes, assess them, and analyze them to inform program improvements.
Outcomes are developed and assessments take place for the following areas:
- Student Learning Outcomes (for courses, instructional programs, counseling, and workshops)
- Student Service Outcomes (for additional services provided to students, such as transcript procurement, registration, and financial aid)
- Admininstrative Unit Outcomes (for services provided to faculty, staff, vendors, external organizations, etc. to produce an environment of learning for our students)
- General Education Learning Outcomes (for all CCSF general education outcomes in Communication & Analytical Thinking, Written Composition, Natural Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, History, Health, and Multicultural Studies).
- Institutional Learning Outcomes (for the four institutional outcomes of Critical Thinking & Information Competency, Communication, Cultural, Social & Environmental Awareness, Personal & Career Development).