Outcomes & Assessment
Once your course info is in the system, you can assess that course. Fall course data are being uploaded according to the following schedule:
• The week of 10/7: all short term (early ending) classes ending by
• The week of 11/4: all full term classes
• The week of 12/2: all late start classes (classes started after 10/15)
At CCSF, assessments happen every semester, including summer. Need help with an outcomes assessment report? Please use the reporting links to the right and the SLO Support link to the left.
By assessing and reflecting, we are not only finding ways to improve the ways that we help our students learn, we are strengthening curricula, services, program-level cohesion, and overall college-wide effectiveness.
Thanks to all who have submitted assessment reports, engaged in
collegial conversations related to those reports, and taken
advantage of our expanded drop-in support.
City College strives to create a culture where outcomes assessment continually improves the quality of student learning and institutional effectiveness. Members of each department and program engage each other in the development and assessment of outcomes. Dialogue within and amongst departments and programs moves the college forward to meet the evolving needs of our students through instruction, curricula, programs, and services.
Outcomes are developed and assessed for the following areas:
- Instructional Student Learning Outcomes for
- Student Service Outcomes (for additional services provided to students, such as transcript procurement, registration, and financial aid)
- Admininstrative Unit Outcomes (for services provided to faculty, staff, vendors, external organizations, etc. to produce an environment of learning for our students)
Current Accreditation Standards
- Standard I.B.(6) "The institution disaggregates and analyzes learning outcomes and achievement for subpopulations of students."
- Standard I.B.(7) "The institution regularly evaluates its policies and practices across all areas of the institution."
- Standard II.C.(2) "The institution uses assessment data to continuously improve student support programs and services."