2014 Self Evaluation for Faculty Review:
This is YOU. This is the document that describes your professional contributions to CCSF. All paths lead to this document as a representation of CCSF. Make sure it represents a clear, complete, and evidence-based descripton of your institution.
Remember that you are describing your fulfillment of the Roles and Responsibilities of faculty. See a description of these roles (10 + 1) below.
Take the time necessary to familiarize yourself with what the editing teams have been asked to do. There are resources and details on the Instructions page. Scroll all the way down the Instructions page. Pay special attention to the resource that explains "Evidence".
Suggestions for improvement need to identify:
1. the Standard being referenced,
2. the text that needs to improve,
3. suggested improved text,
4. description of supporting evidence, and
5. links to the supporting evidence.
The best suggestion is one that can easily be put to use!
Email suggestions for improvement to your constituent leader:
Faculty: Lillian Marrujo-Duck LDuck@ccsf.edu
Staff: James Rogers: JRogers@ccsf.edu
Administrators: Gohar Momjian GMomjian@ccsf.edu
Students: Shanell Williams email@example.com
CA Community College Faculty
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
2. Degree and certificate requirements.
3. Grading policies.
4. Educational program development.
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
6. College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities.
9. Processes for program review.
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.
In accordance with Title 5, Sections 53200 and 53203 and CCSF Board Policy 2.08, the CCSF Board of Trustees and its delegate, the Chancellor, consult collegially with the CCSF Academic Senate concerning academic and professional matters. Central to the collegial consultation process are meetings and other communication between Officers of the CCSF Academic Senate, and the Chancellor and members of the administration. Find a chart tracking the status of issues under consultation. For most items, additional information may be found in minutes of Acdemic Senate Executive Council meetings and in emails from the Academic Senate President to all faculty.
NEW! Administrative Procedure 2.08 Collegial Consultation.
June 13, 2014 Appellate Panel Decision (Full Text)
The Two-Year Rule and Due Process: ACCJC's Credibility and an Examination of Evidence. Karen Saginor. May 29, 2014.
"CCSF support gains momentum, but accreditation deadline remains unclear." Laura Dudnick. San Francisco Examiner. May 21, 2014
"CCSF accrediting group can extend deadline, feds tell Pelosi." Nanette Asimov. SFGate. May 20, 2014
Board of Governors letter to ACCJC. Manuel Baca. May 20, 2014
Department of Education letter to Leader Pelosi. Lynn B. Mahaffie. May 19, 2014.
"A hidebound review panel is punsihing City College" Staff editorial. SFGate. May 16, 2014
"Accreditors firm on deadline for closing City College of S.F."
Nanette Asimov. SFGate. May 15, 2014
"CCSF supporters press for extension to fix problems" Nanette Asimov. SFGate. May 15, 2014
"The Fight to Save San Francisco’s Public College." Justine Drennan. The Nation May 15, 2014
"City College of S.F. could get more time to shape up"
Nanette Asimov. SFGate. May 14, 2014
Leader Pelosi letter to Department of Education requesting clarification. Nancy Pelosi. May 9, 2014
Letter thanking CEOCCC. Karen Saginor. May 7, 2014
CEOCCC letter. Helen Benjamin. April 25, 2014
"Errors Seen in Commissioners' opinion piece on CCSF funding." Nanette Asimov. SFGate. April 22, 2014
"CCSF Legal Battle Heats Up" Laura Dudnick. San Francisco Examiner. April 16, 2014
Letter concerning candadicy. Arthur Q. Tyler. April 14, 2014
"Give City College More Time to Meet Accreditaiton Requirements." Ed Lee and Brice Harris. SFGate. March 26, 2014
Article by CCSF Board of Trustees Vice President, Dr. Anita Grier February 26, 2014
DRAFT ACCJC STANDARDS
CCSF Accreditation Forum March 14, 2014
"The most essentila parts of two days of presentations compressed into two hours for you."
- Video Presentation of the Forum (through Granicus)
- Basics of the Accreditation Process and Faculty Roles. Wendy Kaufmun.
- Substantive Change for Distance Education and Other Areas. Cynthia Dewar.
- Institutional-set Standards for Student Achievement. E. Simon Hanson.
- New Draft Standards. Karen Saginor.
- (Slides from the Intro to the Forum)
Self-Evaluations of Committees of the Academic Senate. Completed in support of Standard IV.A.5.
Announcement of Decision. City Attorney's Office.
Court Order for Injunction by Judge Karnow January 2, 2014
Oral Third Party Comments delivered at the NACIQI hearing in Washington, D.C., December 12-13, 2013
Marketing Research conducted by Interact November 20 - December 5, 2013
Educational Master Plan
Observations on the Environmental Scan -- External Trends Report. k saginor February 3, 2014 (as Word doc)
For more information about Education Master Plan activities and links to resources, go to www.ccsf.edu/emp
Technical Assistance Events
December 6, 2013. Collective Collaboration for a Shared Future Workshop
Participating Effectively in District and College Governance:The Law, Regulation and Guidelines -- PowerPoint
Handout for Participating Effectively in District and College Governance
Whiteboard notes from Interactive Activities
Analyses of Scenarios
Wrap-Up: Next Steps
August 30, 2013. Scott Lay, President and CEO of the Community College League of California (CCLC), and Beth Smith, President of the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC) August 30, 2013
Ongoing concerns about the Staying Open plan, aka the Road Map. October 28, 2013.
Resolutions approved by the Academic Senate for the California Community Colleges - November 9, 2013
11 of these resolutions concern ACCJC
Faculty Statement of Support for Maintaining CCSF's Accreditation
developed by Dan Hayes and George Rush
"We, as members of the faculty of City College of San Francisco, are gravely concerned about the future and long-term viability of our College. At the same time the education and career goals of our students are of the utmost importance to us and we are fully committed to their academic success. Accordingly, we support the College in its effort to meet or exceed the standards required to maintain its accreditation as mandated for all Community and Junior Colleges."
Supplemental information about ACCJC decision
- Summary of Findings from decision letter and Visiting Team Report (pdf) (doc)
- Statement of support from AAUP
Best sources for latest Accreditation information and documents:
Consultation and Participatory Practices
- Current Status of Collegial Consulation Issues. February 27, 2014
- Where Work Stopped on IV.A.2 and IV.A.3. July 16, 2013
- Status of the process of establishing CCSF collegial consultation procedures. May 2, 2013
- Best Collegial Consultation Practices Based on Research on Selected California Community Colleges. Draft April 2, 2013
- Grid for Discussion of Collegial Consultation Practices. Draft April 28, 2013
- Current Practices of the CCSF Participatory Governance Council (PGC) and its committees. Observations, April 2, 2013
- Sources and initial notes for procedures for the Participatory Governance Council (PGC) and its committees - a document prepared for the PGC workgroup on procedures. April 18, 2013.
As part of our responsibility to represent faculty in meetings of the Participatory Govenance Council and its committees, we are endeavouring to post informal meeting notes here soon after meetings occur. These are informal notes. Find official records of meetings on the Participatory Governance pages, usually posted after a subsequent meeting.
Participatory Governance Council February 20, 2014. Informal notes by Karen Saginor.
Participatory Governance Council January 16, 2014. Informal notes by Karen Saginor.
Informal Notes on the Statewide Plenary - Academic Senate for the California Community Colleges. April 18-20 at the SFO Westin
Resolution Results -- voting was on Saturday, April 20
Successful resolutions added to ASCCC resolutions at:
- Accreditation Standards that CCSF must meet.
- Academic Senate Responses to ACCJC Recommendations DRAFT May 13, 2013.
- How was the visit? an informal composite summary culled from informal faculty notes about the accreditation visit on April 4-5.
- The Accreditation Visit. Notes by Gregory Keech. April 10, 2013.
- Academic Senate's requests for changes to the Show Cause report
- Accreditation Institute. February 8-9, 2013 in San Jose.
- How do we measure up? Preliminary thoughts on our progress in meeting accreditation standards. January 3, 2013.
- Transcript of California Community Colleges Board of Governors Meeting Special Session concerning CCSF. October 4, 2012.
- Participatory Governance Technical Assistance Report. September 20, 2012.
- FCMAT Report. September 14, 2012.
- Initial analysis of the Report of Dr. Serrano and the visiting team. 7/10/12
- Accreditation Action Letter. July 2, 2012.
- Evaluation Report by the Visiting Team. May 16, 2012
- CCSF Self Study. December 15, 2011 and associated documents.
- Additional information at: http://www.ccsf.edu/accreditation
- Additional Information about Show Cause/Closure Report at: http://www.ccsf.edu/NEW/en/about-city-college/Accreditation_2012/show_cause_closurereport.html
- New! Report on the California Community Colleges Student Success Initiative Professional Development Committee Recommendations. Will be discussed by State Consultation Council meeting in San Francisco April 18, 2013 and by Board of Governors meeting in Sacramento May 6-7, 2013.
- CCSF Professional Development and Flex. Scroll down for links to the forms
- Independent Flex Credit Form
- Guidelines for the Implementation of the Flexible Calendar Program from Academic Senate for California Community Colleges in Cooperation with Chancellor's Office Program Staff
- Tentative Recommendation for 2013-2014 Annual Budget presented by by Vice Chancellor Peter Goldstein to Board of Trustees, March 23, 2013
- Plan for Long-Term Fiscal Stability Draft presented by Vice Chancellor Peter Goldstein. January 24, 2013.
- Use of Prop A Funds presented by Vice Chancellor Peter Goldstein. January 24, 2013.
- Informal Notes on Chancellor Fisher’s Report to the Board of Trustees - 5/10/12 ( pdf )
- Informal budget notes - 5/2/12 (pdf)
- Letter from consultant Michael Hill concerning expenditure projections. March 14, 2012.
- Last year's Budget Planning Documents - From the District Business Office. See information on expenditures and activities disaggregated by campus -- be sure to read the footnotes and disclaimers for these documents.
- More information about the CCSF budget at: http://www.ccsf.edu/Organizations/Academic_Senate/BudgetResources.html