Purview of the Academic Senate
CA Community College Faculty
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
2. Degree and certificate requirements.
3. Grading policies.
4. Educational program development.
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
6. College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities.
9. Processes for program review.
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.
ASCCC Local Senates Handbook (4/2015)
- San Francisco Community College District Policy Manual 2.07
District Policy on Participatory Governance
- San Francisco Community College District Policy Manual
District Policy on Collegial Governance and the Academic Senate
- San Francisco Community College District Administrative
Procedures 2.08 (pdf)
Methods for Collegial Consultation
CCSF Faculty are dedicated to professional development, continuous improvement, and promoting leadership from within. Numerous opportunities abound across the college for all faculty to step into leadership roles. Find Yours:
Before we write our next Self Evaluation, we need to assess and change our policies to ensure we govern collegially, have broad participation in decision making, and adhere to best practice policies across the college. Team 2016 is writing the Action Plans for the college, identifying evidence and the lack thereof of good practice, and writing our next Institutional Self Evaluation. If you helped with our 2014 Self Evaluation and are ready to go again, sign up now. If you want to learn more about how your college works - sign up now! Follow the Team 2016 link to check it all out, then email LDuck@ccsf.edu.
This is where academic and professional decisions are made. Committees are looking at acheivement data, SLO processes, how we write Program Review, what kinds of professional development is offered, how we address Basic Skills, how we create a more equitable institution, and overall: how do we improve our services so that more students succeed? If you want to be part of the conversation, join now.
In accordance with Title 5, Sections 53200 and 53203 and CCSF Board Policy 2.08, the CCSF Board of Trustees and its delegate, the Chancellor, consult collegially with the CCSF Academic Senate concerning academic and professional matters. Central to the collegial consultation process are meetings and other communication between Officers of the CCSF Academic Senate, and the Chancellor and members of the administration. Find a chart tracking the status of issues under consultation. For most items, additional information may be found in minutes of Acdemic Senate Executive Council meetings and in emails from the Academic Senate President to all faculty.
EFF: Electronic Faculty Forum