The Marketing and Communications Office outcomes-assessment process is documented and described below.
We provide current information, publicity, and marketing to benefit the entire college district and community.
Administrative Unit Outcomes
These programs areas are on a regular cycle of review, during which
outcomes are updated and revised.
- Media, faculty, staff, and students will have access to reliable and accurate information about what's going on at the college.
- Potential CCSF students will get the information they need to learn about the service and instructional opportunities available at CCSF and be able to register effectively.
- Potential and current students attempting registration will have the information they need to direct their educational success.
- The entire CCSF community, including the surrounding community, will learn about ongoing events and activities in which they can participate.
General process currently followed:
- A sampling of methods for gathering data on our outcomes
include such things as:
- Interviews with external media representatives (sample questions: Do they feel they have sufficient access to the CCSF spokesperson? Are they getting the information in a timely manner? Are they getting information in the method they prefer? What improvements can be made?)
- Interviews with constituency group leaders and key personnel in select areas of the college that are most impacted by ongoing efforts (such as Academic Senate Executive Council leaders, the Directors of Admissions & Records).
- Focus groups
- Employee surveys
- Website hits (Google Analytics)
- Future consideration: inclusion of "how did you hear about us?" in registration process
- Gathered data are reviewed by Director and staff, analyzed,
summarized, and studied for areas of improvement with the help of
the Institutional Development units and where appropriate faculty,
staff, and students. Results shared through Program Review, as well
as with external groups such as advertisers who help us reach our
- Improvements are implemented in as timely and effective a manner as possible. These improvements are then re-evaluated in the next assessment cycle to ensure they are working and we are continuing to meet our goals.