Current accreditation status
Q: Is CCSF currently accredited?
A: CCSF is currently accredited. CCSF's accreditation is reaffirmed for 7 years as of January 2017.
Q: When is our next self evaluation and midterm report?
A: Our next self evaluation is in 2023 and midterm report is due in October 2020.
Quality Focus Essay
Q: When is the Quality Focus Essay (QFE) due?
A: The QFE is due with the midterm report in October 2020.
Q: Where are calendars of accreditation-related meetings?
A: Depends on which meetings you want to attend:
- The calendar of the Accreditation Steering Committee is on the Accreditation Steering Committee web site.
- Accreditation workgroup meetings are linked from the main Self-Evaluation web page.
- Check web
pages for Participatory Governance and constituent
groups such as the Academic Senate, Classified Senate, and
Associated Students for meeting agenda items related to
How can I participate?
Q: How can I easily participate in accreditation activities without committing to joining a workgroup?
A: We need everyone's help with the following:
- Keep good records of your SLO/SSO/AUO participation, which provides evidence for our self-evaluation. Submit reports on time!
- Read accreditation emails and answer surveys.
- Get involved at the department/unit level in program review and planning efforts.
- Review your department/unit web pages for currency. Help identify and remove out-of-date or incorrect pages.
- Pay attention to your constituent group activities and communications for participation options.
- And if you want
to join a workgroup, find sign-up information on our current
self-evaluation web page.
How have the standards changed?
Q: Where can I see how the new (2014) accreditation standards are different from the old standards?
A: Review the ACCJC document: June 2014: Accreditation Standards, Cross-Walked,
with Glossary Terms
Note: this document doesn't include policies.
City College of San Francisco is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org.