The Accreditation Steering Committee is a subcommittee of the Participatory Governance Council. Its primary responsibilities are to:
- Communicate accreditation information about accreditation standards and best practices throughout the college.
- Foster college wide dialogue on how the college meets or does not meet accreditation standards.
- Serve as a conduit for constituency input into accreditation reports and responses.
- Create and monitor plans and timelines for the preparation of all accreditation reports and responses required by ACCJC.
- Provide leadership in the preparation of reports.
- Monitor plans and timelines for the remediation of areas in which the College does not fully meet accreditation standards.
City College of San Francisco is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org.