Emergency Services – Objective 15.2
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Demonstrate proper use of the telephone for contacting emergency service agencies (e.g. 911).
- Use appropriate language on the telephone to call local community emergency services: fire department, police department, hospital, etc.
- In an emergency, use English to ask for someone who speaks the student’s native language.
- Identify safety and emergency signs normally posted in the community, e.g. hospital, slow, caution, reduced speed, stop signs, etc.
Instructions for additional assessment tasks:
- This assessment will require the help of at least one examiner to administer the assessment.
- Lessons are available for Levels 1-4. Choose level-appropriate materials.
- Students fill out a TOPspro test form to receive benchmarks
- Students complete two (2) additional assessment tasks for additional benchmarks.
- Give the EL Civics facilitator all paperwork. She will score the additional assessment and answer any question you may have about this process.
TASK 1: CALL 911
TASK 2: Identify emergency and safety signs
- Safety signs
Good for use at all levels – colorful pictures and practice
ASSESSMENT MATERIALS (additional examiner needed)
(link to old Emergency Assessments)
Return to EL Civics Modules