The Bookloan program purchases books that meet these requirements:
Faculty or students who would like Bookloan to purchase books for
their courses may make that request by emailing the Bookloan
Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by stopping in Bookloan (Student
Union room 104B) to fill out a request form.
- The book should be required in at least 4 or 5 class sections or be
used by at least 100 students per semester.
- The book should be required for at least 2 semesters.
- The price of the book should be no less than $25.
- The class should be
transferable to a UC or CSU or lead to up a transferable class.
- The book should be in high demand.
- *Note: we do give preference to Math and English.
In any book request email please include:
For each book you are requesting the program purchase, please include
the following information:
Affiliation: student, instructor, classified staff etc.
The AS Bookloan is a student-run program that loans out textbooks for free with a 1-semester-length loan period. And you can get priority if you’re eligible for financial aid or for the BOG fee waiver. Bookloan is currently a pilot project for the U.S. Dept. of Education and we're working on improving and expanding to serve a lot more students!
Check Bookloan's website for more information.
- Title and edition of book
- Class the book is required for
- The number of sections offered for this class (if known)
- The number of semesters the book will be required (if known)
- The average class size for this course (if known)
- Any additional information