FUNCTION AND MISSION
The Textbook Affordability Task Force was created by The San Francisco Community College District Board of Trustees. The Board-approved resolution 090326-S7 requested that the Chancellor establish the task force and appoint its members.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Increase awareness of textbook affordability issues and options.
- Explore options for improving affordability and access from multiple perspectives (students, instructors, bookstore, library, etc.)
- Make access-improvement recommendations to appropriate college constituencies
- Support the evaluation of our recommendations by these constituencies
- Promote the adoption of strategies to improve access to textbooks for all students.
PARTICIPATION IN THE TASK FORCE
Participation is inclusive -- please contact Don Newton (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in assisting the task force in reducing the cost of textbooks (traditional and nontraditional) and ensuring that all students have a textbook or easy access to one. Note that all task force members are approved by the Chancellor.
TATF STATUS REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS