Many creative faculty at CCSF use technology in their classes every day. The TLTR has showcased some of these faculty in City Currents. The articles are archived at the TLTR website. Others have created web-based resources using PowerPoint, Hot Potatoes (a quiz generator), FrontPage, Dreamweaver, and other applications. If you have some nice ideas to share, please contact us.
TLTR Technology Showcase articles.
Faculty Sites and Projects
- Crima Pogge of Biology has very nice PowerPoint presentations online for student benefit. Here is one that she narrates on " Gaucher Disease" . (RealPlayer is needed to view it.)
- The Exercise Mill - Grammar exercises for learners of Italian, by Giorgio Spano, CCSF instructor.
- French Online Grammar Quiz - Accompanies the first year textbook used at CCSF.
- Gesti - Online videos of communicative gestures for learners of Italian, by Giorgio Spano.
- Italian Program Site - http://www.ccsf.edu/italian - Created through a collaboration of Italian faculty and Multimedia faculty and students.
- Language Center - The CCSF Language Center provides links to web-based resources for Foreign Language learners at CCSF. Also online are audio materials for some FL Dept. courses, when publisher permission is given.
Let us know about your projects!