Vic Fascio's Handouts
home / training
Training for CCSF Faculty and Staff
For TLC training updates via email, subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply call (239-3554) or email the TLC Coordinator (email@example.com).
Help us tailor training to your needs. Vote!
You may choose more than 1 answer.
[Now help choose the classes...]
polls & surveys
- TLC Workshops - Workshops for CCSF faculty and staff.
- Custom Training for Departments and Offices - This can take many forms, from organized workshops to short visits for individuals in a department. Contact the TLC to schedule.
- FLEX Training - The TLC provides technology training during FLEX days, in August, January, and October, for Classified FLEX. Please see your FLEX booklet for the schedule.
- @ONE Hands-on Institutes - @ONE offers popular Summer, Winter, and Technical Institutes at locations in Northern and Southern California. Check for an institute near you.
- TLC Computer Orientation, CCSF Network and Email Information: - http://www.ccsf.edu/techdocs Excellent refresher or intro to GroupWise Email, and much more.
- Documents on many applications -Word, PowerPoint, and Contribute - are available on Vic Fasico's Home Page: http://www.ccsf.edu/vfascio. More are being added every day. Check back. See also the handouts from other institutions.
- @ONE offers training in several modes including online.
- @ONE Self-paced Learning- Dreamweaver, Podcasting, Online Teaching and Learning, are just a few of the many topics available.
- CCSF Webmaster Resources - Tutorials and other resources for CCSF webmasters.
- VTC Online Training - To log in, contact the TLC (239-3554), firstname.lastname@example.org. (Use your CCSF email to contact us.)
These online training modules in over a hundred different applications are available to CCSF employees via the Web from school or home. They provide quality training in an easy format, and include the Windows XP office suite, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, HTML, C++, and much more. In addition, CCSF faculty and staff may purchase VTC CDs for a reduced price. Contact the TLC Coordinator for details.
- LearningElectric.com - Free online video tutorials for Microsoft Suite Applications (including Publisher and FrontPage), EasyGrade Pro, AppleWorks, HTML, and more.
More Training Resources
- WebCT at CCSF - Information about using WebCT to supplement your face to face course.
- @ONE provides educational technology resources to California Community College faculty and staff. Many training modes are available; online, video, face-to-face. Check out the free training materials. Credit is available for some workshops.
- CVC Online Resource Center
- Technology Standards for Educators - How do your skills measure up?
More Handouts and Tutorials - Other educational institutions have prepared handouts for some popular programs.
- Computer Training Tutorials and Handouts from Cal State Fullerton - Excel, Dreamweaver, Mailmerge, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Handouts from the University of Texas, Austin - Microsoft Suite, Photoshop 6.0, HTML, Dreamweaver 4 and MX2004, and more.
- Handouts from San Diego State -Includes handouts on many applications including:Word, Excel, Photoshop CS, Dreamweaver and other Web Publishing topics, PowerPoint. These are well-organized and well-done. Well worth a look!
- University of Kansas Handouts -Dreamweaver, Flash, Powerpoint, and more.
- Tutorials from Utah Valley State College including: WebCT, PowerPoint, Dreamweaver, Excel, Basic Photoshop, and more.