R F 85 Introduction to Flower Arranging (1.5)
Lec-17.5, Lab-35, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to basic flower arranging, flower and foliage use, care and handling of fresh materials, use of ever-lasting materials, flower forms, types and use of containers. Basic historical periods and styles of decorating for beginners.
Students provide own materials.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Explain and identify basic styles of floral design.
- Outcome 2: Identify and safely utilize tools and mechanics used in floral design.
- Outcome 3: Utilize basic floral materials.
- Outcome 4: Condition and process floral materials to extend vase life and economize floral expenditures by utilizing proven scientific methods of preparation.
- Outcome 5: Identify and utilize floral supplies.
- Outcome 6: Wiring and tape floral materials and demonstrate competency in construction of simple corsages and boutonnieres.