MABS 30 Computer Keyboarding (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Students learn to keyboard by touch on the computer for efficiency in executing routine business tasks. Topics include searching the Internet, maintaining electronic files, and using business applications. Course also includes basic computer concepts of hardware, software, and the operating system.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate proper typing technique and ergonomics for alphabetic and numeric keyboarding.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate proficiency on the alphabetic and numeric keys of the computer keyboard by keying a minimum of 25 words per minute in a 3-minute timed writing with 90% accuracy or better.
- Outcome 3: Use the numeric keypad on the right side of the computer keyboard for numeric data entry
- Outcome 4: Describe basic computer terminology relating to modern computing devices
- Outcome 5: Relate basic keyboarding skills to inputting data on modern computing devices