LI S 10 Use of Information Resources (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Students develop skills using a range of information tools and sources, and explore concepts related to information production and sharing. Research topic development, search strategies, content evaluation and citation are covered.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify information formats and the ways we share them.
- Outcome 2: Formulate viable research questions.
- Outcome 3: Employ effective search strategies across a variety of search tools.
- Outcome 4: Critically evaluate the authority and relevance of information sources.
- Outcome 5: Practice ethical use of information.