LALS 14 Diego Rivera; Art and Social Change in Latin America (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Mexican muralist Diego Rivera's work exemplifies the use of art to create an awareness of history and to promote social change in Latin America. This interdisciplinary class will explore the work of Diego Rivera and the Latin American cultural movements that developed to address relevant social and political issues.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the impact of the Mexican Revolution on artists.
- Outcome 2: Analyze the development of a revolutionary art movement in Mexico.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate Diego Rivera's political, cultural and artistic influences.
- Outcome 4: Analyze and consider the role of public art in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Outcome 5: Describe the role of public art in post- revolutionary Mexico.
- Outcome 6: Assess the impact of the modern political revolutions on Latin American culture.
- Outcome 7: Compare and contrast key cultural figures that carry on Diego Rivera's legacy.