ENRG 3L Intro to Alternative Energy Laboratory (1)
Lab-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: concurrent enrollment in ENRG 3
Physical science oriented laboratory course focused on alternative energy. Provides experimental understanding of the scientific principles that drive renewable energy systems. Solar, wind, fuel cells, geothermal, combustion and other energy experiments. Gain critical hands-on insight into the advantages and limitations of each energy system.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze physical phenomena and basic scientific concepts of renewable energy sources and systems.
- Outcome 2: Calculate basic energy and physics related computations.
- Outcome 3: Measure and collect data utilizing laboratory equipment.
- Outcome 4: Set up and perform laboratory experiments analyzing the scientific principles behind utilizing energy sources
- Outcome 5: Prepare written laboratory reports focused on empirically verifying theoretical scientific principles and technical aspects of energy systems
- Outcome 6: Assess and evaluate critical factors affecting real world applications in renewable energy.