BCST 149 HDTV Field Production (4)
Lec-52.5, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced aesthetic and technical elements of digital video field production. Students write and produce digital video packages from concept through post-production, and collaborate in teams to create professional quality digital video packages and segments for cablecast on Education AccessTelevision Channel 27 and distribution on the internet.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Collaborate and communicate professionally in a field production team to create multiple video packages from concept through production to completion.
- Outcome 2: Operate professional EFP video cameras, field audio recording and field lighting equipment, digital video editing and other common video production tools and techniques, proficiently and safely.
- Outcome 3: Plan, collaborate and execute common field video pre-production, organizational, analysis and assessment tasks.
- Outcome 4: Describe, compare, and evaluate current video formats and their related properties used in digital video production and editing.
- Outcome 5: Produce, evaluate and promote proficient video content suitable for use in professional educational, broadcast television, independent, cable, satellite, and Internet destinations.