BCST 131 Radio Production and Performance (3.5)
Lec-35, Lab-87.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Completion of or concurrent enrollment in BCST 120
ADVISORY: BCST 115
Practical experience in radio production and on-air announcing. Students gain hands-on experience as announcers, on-air personalities and board operators for KCSF, City College of San Francisco's Internet radio station.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and classify radio programming format structure.
- Outcome 2: Apply appropriate format components such song selection, music placement, broadcast tempo and tone.
- Outcome 3: Integrate music and voice on the air and in pre-recorded productions.
- Outcome 4: Identify and apply various production techniques for radio commercials, public service announcements and promotions.
- Outcome 5: Select appropriate microphones and apply industry standard performance techniques.
- Outcome 6: Produce live and automated radio programming using radio computing systems.
- Outcome 7: Describe, interpret and analyze audience analytics.
- Outcome 8: Compare and contrast various methods of radio programming distribution.
- Outcome 9: Construct, assemble and appraise a professional air check and employment portfolio