BCST 110 Introduction to Writing for Electronic Media (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Basic introductory course in writing for electronic media. Emphasis on preparing scripts in proper formats, including fundamental technical, conceptual and stylistic issues related to writing fiction and non-fiction scripts for informational and entertainment purposes in electronic media. Includes a writing evaluation component as a significant part of the course requirement.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze advertisements and public service announcements from different electronic media into their various elements and style.
- Outcome 2: Describe the technical and aesthetic issues related to writing for the electronic media
- Outcome 3: Illustrate, through writing of stories and gathering of information from a wide range of resources, various writing techniques based on the unique nature of each media outlet.
- Outcome 4: Write clearly and concisely in a variety of formats, including the radio script, two column video script, and web formats.
- Outcome 5: Apply the fundamental principles of persuasive, promotional and narrative fiction screenwriting.