By Paul Van Stavern
1. Click on the colored apple; drag down
to applications; drag rights and down to MS
2. Click on a layout with ClipArt (the cartoon
of a man's face.) Click OK.
3. Type in the title bar: "My Life Story".
4. (Click on File, drag to Save As. Type
"My Life Story; click OK. (Only do this the
5. Click on Insert and drag to New Slide.
6. Select a layout with clipart and click
7. Type "My Childhood" in the title bar.
DO NOT "SAVE AS"! Why?
8. All seven slides are inside one document.
Now repeat steps 5, 6, and 7. The difference
is a new title for each slide. DO NOT "SAVE
AS"! Slide 3: My Teens. Slide 4: My First
Months in the U.S. Slide 5: My Current Job.
Slide 6: My Free Time Activities. Slide 7:
My Plans for the Future. Later you can go
back and work on each slide. You can see all
of the slides at the same time if you are
in Slide Sorter View. Double-click any slide
to go to Normal View and work on it.
If you want to, you can have more slides in
your show. Some students may insert slides
about their children or grandchildren, for